Head of People
We are Decoded. We're the pioneers of transformative digital learning. We make change possible for those committed to bettering their business by embracing technology. Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world.
We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for our first ever Head of People to support our dynamic and growing business. You will be a member of the Decoded senior management team and will provide leadership on People related issues and policies; and work globally and strategically to embed great People practices which are aligned with and enhance our core values. Our People are central to our success and as our first ever People person - you’ll be critical to our and their ongoing success and for ensuring our People are able to thrive. The role will be based in London; however as this role is global in scope, regular travel (at least every few months) to our international offices (e.g. New York) - as these are established - will be expected.
As Head of People at Decoded, you’re ultimately accountable for:
- Driving the successful growth of Decoded through its People & Culture practices.
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Talent Attraction & Acquisition
- overseeing a stellar talent acquisition process so that all candidates have an exceptional experience (currently managed by an external recruitment agency)
- building our brand so great Talent is recruited to Decoded
- Owning Decoded’s hiring plan
- Employee experience and engagement
- building on our internal processes around onboarding, pay & benefits, performance, talent & success planning so that every interaction is of the highest quality
- use employee insights and feedback to guide the business, so that any resulting actions lead to high level team engagement and commitment
- coach and counsel People at all levels within the business
- Learning & development
- ensuring that our People have access to great growth and learning opportunities to enable them to achieve their goals at Decoded
- Support and drive growth
- ensuring our People growth is proactively managed and that our People processes keep pace with our growth
- own the Decoded People Strategy and be responsible for its delivery
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
Your performance will be measured by and driven by a mindset built on:
- Caring deeply about People and their success
- You can lead and influence people whether reporting into directly or otherwise
- You have a deep understanding of what great looks like across the People remit in all areas relating to the Employee journey & experience; and the ability to then deliver against or better than this
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are able to build brilliant, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues, clients and partners alike
- You are business-minded and commercially astute - starting with the business goals first and aligning People directly to add strategic value
- You are adept at working at speed to implement amazing and scalable solutions
- You are an astute decision maker and can prioritise effectively - with the ability to weigh up options and priorities and provide clear, informed and knowledgeable advice
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. You don’t accept mediocrity in yourself or the team around you
You are able to solve problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”, and are not afraid to challenge the status quo
- You have the confidence and gravitas to act as a trusted advisor, and the ability to coach and counsel at all levels
- You are adaptable and flexible
- You have great attention to detail and are extremely organised
TEAM & REPORTING STRUCTURE
Report into the Managing Director, London with responsibility for an Office and People Co-ordinator.
You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business need.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
You will gain full exposure to Decoded’s learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in leadership, management, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
- You are a senior People professional and have experience in leading a People function within a fast scaling business
- You have experience in growing a People function globally
- You have experience of sourcing candidates for a wide variety of roles within a tech start-up and / or high growth business and are able to cover a large number of roles effectively and build a dynamic pipeline
- Good working knowledge and experience of UK employment legislation
- You are technology and data focused with a keen interest in how tech can support scalable practices
Apart from the above, working at Decoded means you’ll get:
- A competitive salary
- Company pension with matched contributions
- 28 days’ holiday per year (inclusive of the 8 bank holidays). We also closed for two full weeks at Christmas
- The opportunity to join a high growth company
- A work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Private health insurance through Vitality
- Travel insurance
- Cutting edge software and kit, always