Business Development Manager | Coconut | Fintech
Our client in the finance sector is looking to hire an experienced Business Development Manager to join an ambitious, highly motivated Growth team, charged with the responsibility of driving customer acquisition through a variety of channels.
You would own the Partnerships channel, a crucial part of Coconut’s growth strategy. The core focus of this will be to develop and grow our partner programme with accountants - establishing a large network of relationships that will lead to acquisition opportunities, driving engagement and satisfaction with our partners as well as developing a tighter connection with the accounting industry more generally as a brand. Secondary to that will be leading and owning the strategy for other distribution partnerships.
This is a unique opportunity for a sales-minded individual to shape the sales function within a fast growing fintech.
- Own the acquisition performance of the Partnerships channel - both in traditional accounting partnerships, as well as through collaborations with other organisations or industries where there is clear synergy
- Create a strategy to effectively track, nurture, scale and manage partnerships
- Build out the sales funnel, optimising continuously, ensuring every opportunity is maximised
- Build a pipeline of suitable partnership opportunities to nurture and convert
- Be data-driven with the desire to track and measure results to ensure we continuously improve our processes and offering
- Be commercially focused and able to prioritise effectively to achieve targets
- Be able to develop marketing initiatives to attract and engage potential partners (including content and outreach strategy)
- Onboard small and large partners, building lasting personal relationships with them
- Attend industry-events that are likely to yield the most partners and provide visibility
- Identify ways we can improve operations wherever possible to ensure the process is as efficient as possible, seeking to automate processes as they become proven
- Work collaboratively with Product, Growth Marketing, and Customer Success teams as required
- Collaborate with marketing to unearth and promote success stories from our partner relationships
- Proven experience establishing a sales function within a tech company
- An understanding of the accounting industry
- 2-4+ years experience or similar in consulting, a start-up, or other sales function
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to identify, summarise and simplify customer problems / business challenges
- A competitive salary and OTE
- The chance to work in an exciting, fast paced environment
- The opportunity to help grow and develop a sales process