Quality and Compliance Director | Decoded | Tech Ed Scale-up
We are Decoded. We're the pioneers of transformative digital learning. We make change possible for those committed to bettering their business by embracing technology. Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We deliver corporate education to leaders and a Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship.
We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for an experienced Quality & Compliance Director to join our team and define this discipline within our business. You will be responsible for our relationships with OFSTED, the ESFA, other regulatory partners and awarding bodies, and will work with colleagues and clients to ensure our learning programmes are both excellent and compliant.
As Quality & Compliance Director at Decoded, you’re ultimately accountable for:
- Our compliance with ESFA, OFSTED and other regulatory partners
- Creating, implementing and iterating operational and compliance best practice
- Providing feedback to regulators on their requirements and processes
- Strategic direction and governance of quality and compliance at Decoded
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
Your performance will be measured by and driven by a mindset built on:
- Striving for excellence in everything you do. You don’t accept mediocrity in yourself or the team around you.
- Building brilliant, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues, clients and partners alike.
- Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”.
- Intellectual curiosity. You understand the mindset of the regulator but believe regulation is a force for good and not just a box-ticking exercise
- Taking accountability for your own success, and the success of others.
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Leading compliance and quality at Decoded
- Ensure processes and checks and balances are in place
- Implement this across all teams
Understand the evolving requirements to deliver under the Apprenticeship Levy in the UK
- Thorough knowledge of ESFA rules and guidelines, including (re)application to the ROATP
- Thorough knowledge of OFSTED rules and guidelines
- Through relationships with awarding bodies
Understand additional compliance needs
Prepare for inspections and audits
- Maintain all records and document management required
- Internal education and audits ahead of regulatory audits
Inform the Learning Experience Design, Content and Teaching teams on compliance needs
- Thorough knowledge of End Point Assessment with the BCS
- Knowledge of the EMC Data Analyst exam
- Through guidance on quality and compliance teaching
TEAM & REPORTING STRUCTURE
Report into Managing Director, London.
You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business need.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
The Compliance Team will gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in leadership, management, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have a minimum of 5 years in a quality and compliance role
- You are excited to work in a fast-moving organisation that has disrupted the traditional approach to delivering education
- You are passionate about technology, and education, and believe in creative approaches not just box-checking
- You are known for your attention to detail
- You are experienced working with senior leadership and providing reports to the board
Apart from the above, working at Decoded means you’ll get:
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to join a high growth company
- A work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning
- Cutting edge software and kit, always
- 28 days’ holiday per year (inclusive of the 8 bank holidays). We also close for two full weeks at Christmas
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Private health and travel insurance through Vitality
- Company pension with matched contributions