Head of Front-End Development
We’re looking for someone who has the proven skills of managing Front-End Developers in order to bring out their best and deliver great work. If that’s you, we can promise that this job will not be just doing more of the same thing you’ve done before. We’re growing rapidly and you will be in a key role. That means you’ll have an opportunity to be challenged and grow in this role that’s central to the company’s success. You’ll share substantially in that success.
Your main activities
- Manage and motivate your team of Developers so your area delivers outstanding results on time.
- Plan for the growth of your team, both in terms of team members and also the skills needed to deliver on your goals.
- Recognise opportunities for improvement of current websites in collaboration with areas responsible for SEO, Content, and other aspects.
- Work closely with other teams to agree on project plans and timelines and execute on those plans.
- Help recruit new team members as well as plan training and development courses for the team.
People skills you need to have
- Know how to inspire a culture geared towards getting things done in a collaborative, supportive, and fun atmosphere.
- Be able to prioritise and juggle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, and sometimes when they’ve changed unexpectedly.
- Have experience with interviewing, hiring, and successfully managing a high-output team, including setting goals and training plans, carrying out 1-1s and giving feedback.
- Being a leader and role model to the team and a great example of our core values.
Technical skills you need to have:
- Knowledge of vue.js and jQuery
- Good knowledge of PHP and its built-in functions
- Familiarity with MySQL databases
- Experience using GIT
- Knowledge of Docker and understanding of how containers work
- Understanding of UI and UX fundamentals
- WordPress knowledge is a bonus
- Performance related end of year bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Team Friday lunches: ordered-in from a variety of local restaurants (On your first Friday you get to choose for the whole team!).
- Birthdays off
- Unlimited drinks, snacks, and organic fruit
- Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and well-being
- Choice of Mac/Windows/Linux working environment, Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones.
- Regular well-being activities: mindfulness & nutrition guest speakers
- Opportunity to join our boxing, yoga and 5-a-side football initiatives
- Monthly social events including bowling, ping pong, office parties, summer party and Christmas extravaganza.
- 25 days' holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional paid time-off when the office is closed for the whole Christmas and New Year period.
- Charity volunteer days
- Pension contribution matched up to 5%
- Annual travel season ticket loan