Senior Business Development Manager (SaaS Startup)
Ometria's mission is to help retailers create marketing experiences their customers will love. Our core technology is a customer marketing platform that enables retailers to send personalised marketing messages throughout the customer journey, increasing customer loyalty and lifetime value.
Backed by top VC funds across the US, UK and Europe, Ometria is trusted by some of the fastest growing retail brands in the world such as Moss Bros, Crew Clothing, Charlotte Tilbury, Feelunique, LoveCrafts, Wonderbly, and Graze.com. We are now looking for a Senior Business Development Manager who will play an instrumental role in both growing our revenue and leading the team to success. As a Senior BDM you will be expected to look after our most significant enterprise level prospects.
The role has been created in response to growing demand from high-profile, multi-market retailers who have complex and varied requirements. They are organisations with established buying processes and high expectations when it comes to vendors.
You will be a driven, ambitious, and highly personable individual who will consistently exceed targets by demonstrating the value Ometria brings to retailers.
- Expertise - you will become an expert in the Ometria platform and know how to articulate its value and position in the market. Prospects will regard you as an eCommerce & retail specialist to whom they turn for advice & insight
- Outbound activities & qualification - partnering with a Business Development Executive, you will consistently hit the phones, emails and other channels to generate opportunities. You will qualify opportunities, ensuring that they are the correct fit for Ometria
- Relationship building - you will be world class at fostering and building relationships with senior stakeholders within e-commerce businesses. You will have an excellent network or be able to demonstrate that you know how to build one
- Proposals & presentations - you will liaise with multiple parties in putting together proposals and you will also deliver presentations and pitches to stakeholders at the highest level
- Contract negotiations & handover - you will efficiently manage the finalisation of commercial and legal terms, setting clear client expectations along the way. In order to ensure customer happiness you will follow the appropriate internal sign-off process and provide a complete and thorough handover of the client to the Customer teams.
- Achievement of targets - your efforts see you exceeding ambitious but achievable revenue targets.
- Reporting - you will religiously keep our CRM (Hubspot) up to date, filling in all fields required for the sales team’s operation, and be on top of your progress against targets.
- Experienced - you will proven experience in an outbound enterprise sales closing role, selling a B2B product. You have consistently exceeded your targets.
- Curious - you are excited about technology and the value Ometria offers retailers. You take proactive steps to educate yourself on what’s happening in the industry, and how you can perform better in your role.
- Driven - you want to succeed, you always succeed, and you’re able to do so with minimal support.
- Excellent communicator - you can communicate confidently and authoritatively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Relationship builder - you have demonstrated ability to build deep relationships at all levels of an organisation, from user to C-level, who find you engaging and credible
- Commercial acumen - you have demonstrated ability to understand stakeholder needs and motivations, as well as business requirements and impact
- Trusted advisor - you have demonstrated gravitas and thought leadership that gains the respect of senior executives
- Team player - you have demonstrated ability to follow all relevant inter-team pre and post-sale processes to achieve team-wide success for the customer
- Technology literate - you can talk knowledgeably about all elements of technology including those related to the Ometria platform
- Data literate - you are comfortable working with, manipulating and interpreting data sets, and have experience working with tools such as Excel.
- Organised and able to work under pressure - you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and can methodically juggle multiple tasks at the same time, preparing for and delivering each one to an excellent level.
- Leadership skills - whilst not required to directly manage you will be a senior member of the team and therefore will be expected to mentor less experienced team members and lead by example
- Focused on improvement - you are passionate about making things work better, and proactively take steps to implement initiatives that will enable the team to be happier and more productive
- 30 days + your birthday (+ bank holidays)
- Regular socials and activities
- Committees and sports clubs
- Subsidised gym membership
- Personal development budget
- Personal wellness fund
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cycle to work and personal electronics
- Fully stocked kitchen with breakfast, snacks and drinks
- Your choice of equipment