Ecosystem Development Associate | TechHub
TechHub is hiring an Ecosystem Development Associate to help them grow through lead generation and network marketing, to bring great new tech companies into the TechHub community so they’re supported through our programme and workspace.
You'll be in excellent company - every TechHub team member is smart, fun, friendly and great to work with. Their team is more than six different nationalities, and our members are from over 40 countries.
You'll work closely with their Programme Team (who build and delivers the TechHub support and acceleration programme) and their Community Development Team (who connects the TechHub community and its member startups).
The short version...
* Experienced with lead gen, sales, customer acquisition
* Experienced with selling into startups and small businesses
- Not looking for anyone not already in the London startup ecosystem
- Not looking for experience solely selling to big companies or organisations.
If this is you, read on...
The detailed version:
If you’re looking to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing and never boring; where you’ll support smart, creative and inspiring individuals that are developing innovative tech products...keep reading...
Our Ecosystem Development Associates and Managers are our external champions, lead generators and sales people. You’ll represent the TechHub community within the wider ecosystem, acquire new TechHub members, and bring together like-minded startups who understand the value of collaboration and are able to positively contribute to each others’ development as TechHub members. You’ll work on our engagement with external organisations to ensure that everyone in the ecosystem knows TechHub and how we can help them.
* Business development - you are responsible for anything and everything related to TechHub Flex and Resident membership (companies of 1-6 people), with a key focus on membership lead generation / customer acquisition to grow the TechHub community.
* Grow our engagement with stakeholders in the tech ecosystem - you will represent TechHub externally, raising awareness of our brand and creating opportunities for meaningful engagement with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem - startups, investors, business support organisations and others. Network marketing by being an engaged attendee at events and staying connected with your own network in the tech and business community.
* Marketing and communications - you will work on promotional campaigns, track success and ROI, and ideally assist with social media and blogging if you have those skills too.
Our ideal candidate
You’ll be an essential member of the team and we will rely on you to be a friendly, knowledgeable and professional face of TechHub. You are:
* Experienced in lead generation, customer acquisition, business development, sales-focused marketing - top-notch commercial, lead-gen marketing and communication skills are fundamental to this role. This may be through a combination of experience in running cost-effective campaigns through in-person network marketing, cold-outreach, great prospect research and more. If you have digital marketing experience this is useful too but not essential.
* Commercially-minded - you are comfortable speaking the language of marketing/sales funnels, and can creatively manage both the strategic and tactical elements of customer acquisition.
* Immersed in the London tech startup ecosystem - experience working in the tech startup ecosystem is essential to this role. At least one year’s experience selling to early-stage technology companies is a must-have.
* Process-driven, proactive - while you're great at jumping on opportunities that come up, you have strong skills in creating processes to ensure that you have a plan for success and you’re able to report on your activity.
* Comfortable working autonomously and within a team - our team is small, so being able to balance independence with collaboration is really important.
* The kind of person who goes the extra mile – you’re genuinely helpful and committed; and these qualities won’t go unnoticed with us, we believe in giving credit where credit’s due.