Sales Development Representative | FinTech
We are an early stage, VC-backed FinTech startup offering software that helps SMEs manage company cards, expenses, invoices and budgets (“spend management”). This is one of the fastest growing markets within FinTech and the business is expanding quickly. Our Smart Order technology puts us in a unique position to be a leader in this space. The founding team came from Worldpay and has deep experience building similar businesses.
We are now looking to expand the team in our London office (Waterloo).
The Sales Development Representative is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through inbound and outbound calling activities. The right candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out of the box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company needs and cater the outreach to the prospect specifically, evangelizing Yordex’s value proposition, identifying pain points, needs and requirements.
- Follow-up on inbound/outbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities, providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for the interested prospects.
- Be responsible for the educating and developing prospects, leading to hand-off to sales teams
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Cold call into prospects generated by a variety of outside sources
- Identify key players and stakeholders, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting a solution to begin the sales cycle
- Profile strategic accounts, identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions
- Set sales qualified appointments/demos for the sales
- Nature new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are at qualification stage
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycles by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in a CRM application.
- This entry-level position requires an ambitious self-starter and someone that can effectively process inbound inquiries and generate qualified leads form outbound campaigns. Relationship selling skills, with the ability to manage sales calls into C level prospects are essential.
- 1+ year of successful experience in telemarketing preferably in SaaS essential. Fintech, or ERP solutions preferable but not essential.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence.
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Adept computer skills
- Experience in CRM applications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.