Head of Warehouse Operations | Red Rickshaw
Red Rickshaw is the UK’s largest online Asian grocer, offering produce and spices sourced from all over the world. We empower home cooks to create authentic Asian cuisine, as well as wholesaling to everywhere from prestigious Michelin starred restaurants to bustling street food markets.
The company has experienced a high organic growth rate, and this year we used our resources and expertise to branch out, creating Feast Box, a home delivery recipe box subscription service offering pre-measured ingredients and straightforward instruction cards for cooking authentic Asian and Middle Eastern meals. See website www.feastbox.co.uk.
We think of ourselves as respectful students and guardians of an eclectic range of culinary traditions, championing tried-and-tested techniques, neglected ingredients, and authentic, rooted versions of timeless favourite dishes. We aren’t plundering the East for ‘exotic’ food, but celebrating and learning from the ingenuity of cooks worldwide, whose ingredients and recipes are comfortingly familiar to themselves. We want to enable our customers to cook without limits, helping them develop their own familiarity and ingenuity with Eastern cuisine.
To support our ongoing growth efforts we are looking to add some exceptional people to our team.
This is an amazing opportunity for a driven and experienced operations and supply chain expert who are looking to accelerate your career in a high growth company.
- Full ownership of end to end production and supply chain to manage UK and India Operations to ensure strong cross-border collaboration in all areas of customer services, procurement, order processing and fulfilment.
- Manage all operational and logistical activities with regards to pick pack and dispatch of our products from the warehouse.
- Increase operational margin through strong grip on operational and revenue KPIs and identifying and implementing improvement measures.
- Drive continuous improvement when it comes to Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery, while growing and expanding capabilities.
- Manage the re-design of warehouse facility, implementation of WMS and Semi-Automated pick and pack systems and working across a vast number of stakeholders, chefs, suppliers and team members, to ensure the project is delivered on specification.
- Handle customer services and all related KPI's to ensure great customer satisfaction delivered.
- Oversee and execute cross-functional product & service improvements for customers, including reducing the lead times, increasing the choice of meals available, increasing number of delivery slots.
- Manage and create new distribution channels through networking and creating relations with distribution partners.
- Project manage release and development of an APP alongside external agencies.
- Develop an operations improvement road map and lead and supervise a team of managers and operational members.
- Mentoring junior members of the team to assist their personal growth and assist them in reaching their full potential.
You are the type of person who thrive on working in fast paced environment and enjoy finding solutions to seemingly impossible problems. You are proactive, resourceful and have a relentless drive.
- You are hands-on, numbers-driven with a strong commercial understanding and focus on impact.
- Experience in Online/Ecommerce Food delivery.
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of motivating, engaging and leading cross-functional teams and cultivating collaborative relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Bold: you enjoy breaking new ground and heading up projects; you’re not afraid to take calculated risks and disrupt the status quo.
- Customer-focused: you are slightly obsessive compulsive about customer experience and delivering a quality product that is second to none.
- Problem-solver: you focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency.
Nice to haves
- Experience managing manufacturing and/or production operations within food/beverage/perishables/CPG/eComm/FMCG experience.
- Progressive background in supply chain management, online food delivery, logistics and distribution operations.
- Superior integrity and ethics, with great follow-through and excitement for working in a startup environment with a high level of ambiguity and change.