Lead Performance Marketer - Red Rickshaw (FoodTech/ E-commerce Startup)
Red Rickshaw is the UK’s largest online Asian grocer, offering produce and spices sourced from all over the world. We empower home cooks to create authentic Asian cuisine, as well as wholesaling to everywhere from prestigious Michelin starred restaurants to bustling street food markets.
The company has experienced a high organic growth rate, and this year we used our resources and expertise to branch out, creating Feast Box, a home delivery recipe box subscription service offering pre-measured ingredients and straightforward instruction cards for cooking authentic Asian and Middle Eastern meals. See website www.feastbox.co.uk.
We think of ourselves as respectful students and guardians of an eclectic range of culinary traditions, championing tried-and-tested techniques, neglected ingredients, and authentic, rooted versions of timeless favourite dishes. We aren’t plundering the East for ‘exotic’ food, but celebrating and learning from the ingenuity of cooks worldwide, whose ingredients and recipes are comfortingly familiar to themselves. We want to enable our customers to cook without limits, helping them develop their own familiarity and ingenuity with Eastern cuisine.
We are now looking for someone to take charge of our paid growth channels, shifting the company to a higher gear while communicating our values and achieving our vision. As Senior Digital Marketing Manager at Red Rickshaw, you will be responsible for planning and executing our strategy on all acquisition and retention marketing, growing our base while keeping existing customers engaged and satisfied.
You will build, run and improve campaigns for our Paid Social, Paid Search, Display, Affiliate and Retention channels. We see ourselves as the potential hub for a buzzing community of like-minded amateur cooks, professional chefs, restaurateurs, recipe writers, influencers, foodies and anyone who wants to put good food on British tables, and an engaged and enthused customer base is essential to this project.
This is an exciting opportunity not only to build and shape a digital team over time, but also to oversee the full blossoming of a totally unique brand vision, a modern marriage of timeless and progressive values.
- Focus heavily on paid social to begin with, leading paid acquisition efforts across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any other potential platforms while planning our digital strategy across social, search and affiliates.
- Measure all KPI targets in areas like sales volume, sales quality (retention) and cost per acquisition and analyse trends and make data driven decisions to improve targeting, timing, placement and offers.
- Develop our reporting capability, especially attribution reporting and produce detailed analysis and reports of campaigns, presenting data and reports to the broader team
- Plan and execute strategy, tactics and reporting across all currently and potentially useful channels.
- Drive a rigorous testing programme to continuously launch, analyse, optimise and scale our efforts.
- Produce detailed analysis and reports of campaigns, presenting data and reports to the broader team
- Identify and execute conversion optimisation and split testing on ads and web to maintain high experimental velocity with a continuous pipeline of prioritised experiments;
- Review and optimise strategy and tactics on a weekly basis, according to channel performance and wider business objectives
- Test new Paid Social and Digital channels (e.g.: Snapchat, Reddit, YouTube, programmatic buying, native etc.)
- Work to lower and stabilise CAC as we scale spend, reach and volumes;
- Proven ability to manage Facebook advertising at scale and achieve demonstrable success in growth through the channel.
- Cross-channel success in paid search and affiliate marketing against demanding performance metrics.
- You are working at a high growth startup, have learnt a lot and are itching to find an earlier stage team to drive growth and do something to make our world a better place;
- Analytical mindset and commercial approach to data, extracting actionable insights.
- Testing champ. Have examples of delivering results via A/B testing and conversion rate optimisation;
- Numerical literacy, proficiency with excel (pivot tables, Vlookups etc) and google sheets.
- Adtech fluency. Experience with ad management interfaces and bidding tools (Google, Bing, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Programmatic Ad Tech platforms)
- Analytical. Confident mathematically and enjoy analysing data sets to generate actionable insights;
- Great attitude: lively, industrious and responsible, taking ownership and pushing for improvements, setting high expectations for own performance.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with landing page creation and conversion rate optimization
- Experience with subscription model businesses
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator
- Strong grasp of technology, comfortable briefing tech teams, using tag management tools and getting hands on with website optimisation
- Join an energetic, passionate and supportive team, who care about every dish and each other
- Competitive salary package including share scheme and pension
- Competitive 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Taste test all the new recipes coming out of our kitchen
- 40% staff discount on Feast Box
- You’ll be part of a business with purpose, using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Red Rickshaw. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.