Head of Finance
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, senior finance professional looking to play a central role in developing strategies to continue our high growth trajectory at Mumsnet.
Our next Head of Finance will be responsible for providing timely and accurate management information to ensure we are able to make the best commercial decisions.
You will own costs and profitability, optimising working capital, taking responsibility for tax, statutory & regulatory requirements, as well as ensuring everyone gets paid on time and the office keeps running smoothly!
Expected outcomes for the role
- Timely and accurate management and financial accounts; monthly, quarterly and annual real time forecasts and weekly and monthly commercial metrics to meet the needs of leadership team and different business areas
- Optimised working capital through management of cash flows
- Rigorous cost control
- Smooth running of the finance function
- Comprehensive analysis of business lines and new business cases to optimise resource allocation
What you will do
- Manage a team of five covering all aspects of finance and admin
- Oversee monthly management accounts, reporting for various key business lines and the monthly management pack
- Oversee weekly commercial reporting - sales bookings and pipeline
- Manage preparation of year end accounts and year end audit
- Be responsible for all tax submissions
- Run annual budgeting and forecasts
- Be responsible for cash management & optimising working capital
- Be responsible for cost control and supplier contracts across the business
- Ad hoc analysis for the sales team and CEO
- Improving processes and procedures across Finance to maximise reporting
- Qualified accountant with 5+ years post qualification experience
- Experience of heading up a finance function and managing a team
- Experience of supporting Senior Management to evolve business strategy
- Experience of commercial operations, pricing and profitability analysis
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage a busy workload with competing priorities in a calm and professional manner
- Flexibility and a proactive attitude is important, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to use initiative and good judgment
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 18-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy: http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet. View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
The deadline for applications is asap. We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!