Junior Technical Support Manager
The future needs you. That’s what we believe. Yes, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, hacking, machine learning and robotics will change human reality on this planet but there’s no reason that reality can’t include humans and not force them out.
Born in London, Decoded teaches some of the biggest businesses in the world how to act and think differently. Our talented and diverse team all share a deep passion for creating a world where everyone can participate and drive innovation.
We are growing fast and will be expanding into new geographies and branches. This means we need more amazing people in our team, and we are now looking for a Junior Technical Support Manager to work closely with our Technical Project Manager to ensure the successful onboarding and implementation of our Data Academy with our clients.
What you’ll do:
As Junior Technical Support Manager you will work on a client-by-client basis to support technical onboarding and delivery of our Data Academy. This will include:
- Understanding client technology requirements around Data Science, for example, the use of tools such as Git, Slack and Tableau internally;
- Understanding our Academy technology stack, such as R, Python, Slack, Github;
- Implementing comprehensive project plans that merge client requirements with Academy goals and coordinate various personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation;
- Communicating proactively within your team and with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements;
- Resolving ongoing implementation issues as they arise.
Who are you?
You are highly efficient, adaptable and ambitious. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment but you also know the importance of team coherence.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two years experience in the IT field, including support work and interactions with customers
- Project management experience and strong teamwork abilities
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability explaining complex technical processes to non-technical audiences
- Passion for tech and education
Big bonus if you also have:
- Proficiency with at least one data science language, such as R or Python
- Experience configuring tools like git to work behind corporate firewalls and troubleshooting issues in a data science/analysis environment
- Experience with networking and system/configuration management
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to be part of a small focused team where no two days are ever the same
- An opportunity to work with some of the largest and most prestigious FTSE 100/Fortune 500 companies
- Work with and visit colleagues around the world in our global offices
- Be part of building exceptional tech at the world’s leading ed tech firm
- Company’s commitment to support you in your personal learning, growth and development