Technical Support Engineer (Data Science) | Decoded | Tech Ed Scale-up
We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and motivated Technical Support Engineer to join our London team. You will be responsible for supporting learners on our Data Academy to solve IT issues at their workplace, remotely and in-person. You will be working directly with tools used for cutting edge data science and get a first-hand perspective of FTSE100 companies implementing change strategies to embed data science and machine learning within their organisations.
Our Data Academy is an 18-month on-the-job Data Analyst course. Our accelerated technical skills development focuses on modern data science and machine learning. Content covered includes Python, R, SQL, deep machine learning algorithms and frameworks for the efficient handling of big data. You will be on the frontline of businesses adopting these cutting edge tools and resources, and will ultimately help them embrace data science at scale.
As Technical Support Engineer at Decoded, you’re ultimately accountable for:
- Resolving learner IT issues in a timely fashion
- Providing feedback to the Product team on common IT issues
- Continuous improvement of our processes
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding each clients’ technology stack and what Decoded require to function - including cutting edge data science tools
- Working with learners via Zendesk and in-person to solve IT installation and configuration issues of both Python and R software and third party packages. The principal focus of your time will be assisting our learners to make sure they have all the tools they need to get the most out of their time on the Data Academy.
- Reporting common issues to our Technical Project Manager and Product teams
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
Your performance will be measured by and driven by a mindset built on:
- Striving for excellence in everything you do. You don’t accept mediocrity in yourself or the team around you.
- Building brilliant, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues and partners alike.
- Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”.
- Taking accountability for your own success, and the success of others.
- Organisational skills - proactivity, process improvements
- Communication skills - written, verbal, 1:1, group
- You have a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn
- You have exceptional attention to deal and excellent organisational skills
TEAM & REPORTING STRUCTURE
Report into the Technical Project Manager.
You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business need.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
All team members gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in leadership, management, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
We also expect one (or some combination) of the following:
- Minimum two years experience in the IT field, including support work and interactions with customers
- Project management experience and strong teamwork abilities
- Demonstrated ability explaining complex technical processes to non-technical audiences
- Passion for tech and education
- A competitive salary
- Company pension with matched contributions
- 28 days’ holiday per year (inclusive of the 8 bank holidays). We also closed for two full weeks at Christmas
- The opportunity to join a high growth company
- A work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Private health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Cutting edge software and kit, always