Chief of Staff (fintech start-up)
There’s a big shift in the way people work towards self-employment and entrepreneurship in the UK and around the world.
Coconut is a current account that takes care of accounting and tax. It’s designed specifically for freelancers, self-employed people and small business owners.
We launched our first product in January 2018. We’re at an exciting point in our journey having opened our first 4,000 accounts. Our mission is to free millions of people around the world from business admin by combining banking and accounting into one simple product.
In order to achieve this, we need more incredible people in our team. We are now looking for a highly organised Chief of Staff for our London office.
We are a dedicated, hardworking but also fun loving team. We’re looking for someone who can become the cornerstone of our company culture. Someone who can keep the office in check, support key staff with critical work from hiring, to fundraising to events. But also to make sure that the team is happy and that we have a rhythm of business and social. Things like making sure our weekly meetings happen like clockwork, but also ensuring that we spend downtime together. This is a very broad reaching role working directly with the founders and CTO, with a lot of opportunity to get involved across the organisation.
- Handling inbound calls, emails, drafting documents
- Diary management for internal and external meetings
- Booking travel, filing expenses
- Sending briefs prior to meetings and minutes following
- Troubleshoot any issues around the office & handle Building manager relationship
- Setting-up for presentations
- Organise events (from board meetings to team celebrations)
- Onboarding/offboarding of team members
- Monitoring, responding and distributing incoming communications (phone, email, post, etc.)
- Support with the operations around hiring new people
- Acting as the welcoming ‘face of Coconut’ for all guests. Looking after all on site visitors
- Desire to support freelancers/entrepreneurs, a passion for Coconut’s mission
- Ensure office equipment is in safe, working order and office supplies are fully stocked
- You're positive, tenacious, energetic and love to 'get things done'
- Be a member of a small growing team that is building something exceptional
- Competitive salary
- Company pension with matched contributions
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Office very close to Old Street
- Work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects