Senior Business Development Executive (SaaS Startup)
Ometria's mission is to help retailers create marketing experiences their customers will love. Their core technology is a customer marketing platform that enables retailers to send personalised marketing messages throughout the customer journey, increasing customer loyalty and lifetime value.
Backed by top VC funds across the US, UK and Europe, Ometria is trusted by some of the fastest growing retail brands in the world such as Moss Bros, Crew Clothing, Charlotte Tilbury, Feelunique, LoveCrafts and Wonderbly. They are now looking for a Senior Business Development Executive who will play an instrumental role in growing our revenue. As a Senior Business Development Executive you will be responsible for opening and building discussions with their largest enterprise level prospects.
The role has been created in response to growing demand from high-profile, multi-market retailers who have complex and varied requirements. They are organisations with established buying processes and high expectations when it comes to vendors.
You will be a driven, ambitious, and highly personable individual who will consistently exceed targets by demonstrating the value Ometria brings to retailers.
Expertise - you will become an expert in the Ometria platform and know how to articulate its value and position in the market. Prospects will regard you as an eCommerce & retail specialist to whom they turn for advice & insight
Outbound activities & qualification- you will source new enterprise level opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, marketing campaign follow-up, outbound cold calls, emails, networking, conferences, breakfasts & face to face meetings. You will qualify opportunities, ensuring that they are the correct fit for Ometria, before working with the Senior Business Development Manager to build effective closing plans
Relationship building - you will be world class at fostering and building relationships with senior stakeholders within e-commerce businesses. You will have an excellent network or be able to demonstrate that you know how to build one
Networking - you love networking, you love being with people; and they are excited & enthused by your charm & industry insight
Achievement of targets - your efforts see you exceeding ambitious but achievable opp gen targets which lead to won business
Reporting - you will religiously keep our CRM (Hubspot) up to date, filling in all fields necessary for the sales team’s operation, and be on top of your progress against targets.
- Experienced - you will have 2-5 years experience in a sales development role, opening doors & qualifying prospects. You have consistently exceeded your targets. SaaS & technology experience is desirable but not mandatory for the best candidate.
- Curious - you are excited about technology and the value Ometria offers retailers. You take proactive steps to educate yourself on what’s happening in the industry, and how you can perform better in your role
- Driven - you want to succeed, you always succeed, and you’re able to do so with minimal support.
- Excellent communicator - you can communicate confidently and authoritatively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Relationship builder - you have demonstrated ability to build deep relationships at all levels of an organisation, from user to C-level, who find you engaging and credible
- Commercial acumen - you have demonstrated ability to understand stakeholder needs and motivations, as well as business requirements and impact.
- Trusted advisor - you have demonstrated gravitas and thought leadership that gains the respect of senior executives
- Team player - you have demonstrated ability to follow all relevant inter-team pre and post-sale processes to achieve team-wide success for the customer
- Technology literate - you can talk knowledgeably about all elements of technology including those related to the Ometria platform
- Data literate - you are comfortable working with, manipulating and interpreting data sets, and have experience working with tools such as Excel.
- Organised and able to work under pressure - you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and can methodically juggle multiple tasks at the same time, preparing for and delivering each one to an excellent level
- Leadership skills - whilst not required to directly manage you will be a senior member of the team and therefore will be expected to mentor less experienced team members and lead by example
- Focused on improvement - you are passionate about making things work better, and proactively take steps to implement initiatives that will enable the team to be happier and more productive
- 30 days holiday + your Birthday off (+BHs)
- Regular socials and activities
- Committees and sports clubs
- Subsidised gym membership
- Personal development budget
- Personal wellness fund
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cycle to work and personal electronics
- Fully stocked kitchen with breakfast, snacks and drinks
- Your choice of equipment