VP Supplier Growth / Sales | Fy! | E-Commerce
Fy! is building a mobile marketplace of the coolest products from the world’s best brands, designers and artists.
We help people discover and shop products they’ve never seen before whilst helping our suppliers grow their revenue and build their brands on mobile.
We are funded and backed by some of the savviest investors in Europe including Forward Partners, 500 Startups and the ex-leadership of ASOS, Streetcar and LoveFilm. We are a small but passionate and experienced team of entrepreneurs, technologies and marketing experts working to build something huge.
We're building the world's largest marketplace of emerging and established brands selling cool, affordable homeware, art, jewellery, accessories and more. To do that we need to build a world class team of sales and supplier growth specialists.
This is a critical, senior hire for Fy! and you'll have smashed it out the park if within 12 months of starting:
- We've massively increased the number of brands, artist and designers selling their products on Fy!
- We've significantly increased the efficiency, effectiveness and speed of the sales process
- We've built a strong sales team and supplier growth culture
You'll have a huge opportunity to help some of the world's best brands, artists and designers to grow their businesses on Fy! whilst building an amazing team and next generation retail brand. For the right person this is a career defining role in one of Europe's fastest growing retail businesses.
What you'll be up to
This highly entrepreneurial role will evolve but to give you a flavour here’s what you should expect to be working on:
- Hiring, managing, training and leading a team of A player sales managers
- Manage the performance of our sales managers, ensuring they are hitting and exceeding their planned sales goals
- Ensure your team has the product knowledge and training they need to deliver an exceptional experience to our Makers
- Identify key strategic brands and develop sales and business development strategies to bring them onto platform
- Working with shopper growth and data teams to identify & then fill assortment gaps and opportunities (aesthetic, categories, price points, trends)
- Continually refine and iterate the Fy! sales processes, materials and marketing to increase efficiency and effectiveness of outbound and inbound sales
- Working with product, machine learning and engineering to identify novel approaches to building lead lists and scoring models
- Work with growth and PR teams to increase awareness of Fy! and inbound lead volume and quality
- Design, agree and put in place weekly, monthly and quarterly sales team KPIs / OKRs incl. margin and sales targets
- Help inform and drive product, tech and growth roadmaps as a key supplier champion and insight owner
Who are we looking for?
Whilst this is a senior role we're a small team and everyone from the founders down is expected to roll their sleeves up and get things moving. This means you need to be as excited by and comfortable working on long term pricing strategy, helping close sales and crunching sales numbers.
- You've got 3+ years experience consistently delivering exceptional commercial results, ideally in a consumer focused brand, marketplace, start up, scale up or management consultancy
- You got a track record of hiring and developing A players and lead high performance teams.
- You've got a passion for and understanding of design, fashion and what's cool, trending and exciting for shoppers.
- You're a great negotiator and get a buzz out of building long term partnerships. You know that the best deals work for everyone involved and continually search for win-win-wins.
- You love the space we are in, care about the Fy! suppliers and are knowledgeable and excited about helping them achieve success
- You're results and impact driven and continually looking to grow yourself and your teams.
- You understand data, analysis and are able to use it to inform strategy and execution
- Above all you're commercial and entrepreneurial with a massive bias towards high impact action. You quickly and proactively take ownership, make smart, informed decisions and abhor politics.
- This is an unparalleled experience to work in one of Europe’s fastest growing brands whilst making a name for yourself. If we hit our objectives you’ll inevitably be one of the most sought after talents in growth in Europe.
- Impact and influence - you’ll be joining a small but high performance team in a key role. You’ll be able to have an immediate and high impact on the business.
- An incredible learning experience in building and scaling a global consumer brand. You’ll be working as part of a team who have over 50 years combined experience starting, scaling and exiting consumer businesses (onefinestay, Fab.com, Monoqi, Zipcar, Zulily, Google, Tuenti, TicTail…)...
- You’ll be exposed to everything entailed in scaling a digital startup - marketing, product, ops, engineering etc.