(Mid/Senior) UX/UI Designer - HR tech startup - PLN 8-12k/ month (Semi Remote)
We are Kandidate.com - a London based recruitment startup that has helped 100+ European tech companies hire, from VC backed startups to pre-IPO scale ups. We are a leading player in the UK for commercial hiring in the tech industry and have helped 100+ startups hire.
We are a 30+ people team headquartered in London, with our product and marketing team in Poland. We are backed by top investors, including Velos Partners, the VC fund of Facebook’s Co-Founder, and are growing at 100%> YoY for the last two years.
Our product is a two-sided marketplace, connecting 14,000+ candidates with startups that are looking to hire. Top tech companies choose us over traditional recruitment agencies as we help them hire top candidates faster, at a more competitive price point and offer a better user experience. Tech professionals value the job matching accuracy, better user experience and transparency we offer.
Who we are looking for
This opportunity is ideal for a mid to senior level designer who wants to have a direct impact over our entire product, as our first and only UX/I designer.
So far, we have been working with great freelance designers, but the time has come for us to bring on our first full-time, in-house designer. We believe the successful candidate would be someone who excels at executing and making design decisions independently on a daily basis, whilst collaborating within a small and tight product team (3 developers, CPO, 1 product manager, 2 product owners).
Key highlights of this role
- Work with a small team of A+ players on a product with global ambitions
- Lead the UX/UI design of our entire application, not just parts of it
- Given final decision on design aspects, working directly with Co-Founders
- Semi-remote work arrangement, be able to have location freedom whilst meeting and collaborating with our team too
- Potential to build your own design team in the future, as we grow
- Part of our application process includes a paid pilot task, so you can get to know our team more before deciding
- We are open to both mid and senior designers
- Proactively identify UX optimisation opportunities on an on-going basis, through analysing screen-recordings, heat-maps and speaking with our stakeholders
- Gather and evaluate user requirements for new features, together with our product management team
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements throughout our user dashboards
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs
- Keep up to date with competitor products and industry trends
- Understand all areas of design that needs to be worked on in our company, and make decisions on what should be prioritised
This job is suitable for someone who has:
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer (2+ years as minimum)
- Portfolio of strong and relevant design projects, which were shipped
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Products, Balsamiq etc.)
- Basic knowledge of front-end limitations (HTML, CSS, js, native mobile).
- Very strong English communication skills
- Previously experience working in a tech startup, or for tech startup clients
- Previous experience working in a small, tight and fast past environment (e.g. a smaller company, or small team within a larger company
- Experience in other aspects of design such as motion, 3d or branding
- Drawing and illustration capabilities
- Fluency in Polish is a plus
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who truly understands our mission and are excited about what we’re building!
WHERE you will work - please read carefully!
This is a Warsaw based position BUT we are open to candidates based in other Polish cities too, as long as you are able to travel to Warsaw 1-2 times a month.
We operate a unique semi-remote work structure: most of us work in the same city, we meet often (3-4 times per week) to catch-up, strategise and collaborate - but do most of our actual work independently the majority of the time.
We believe semi-remote strikes the best balance: we see the need for regular in person catch-ups + brainstorms across product, marketing and engineering functions to exchange ideas and maintain a cohesive team culture - at the same time we believe quality, deep and creative work comes from minimal distraction and letting people work where they work best.
You will have access to our office (a private office located in a very nice co-working space) and can work there whenever you want - sometimes our other team members will be there, sometimes not.
WHO you will work with
You will work closely with:
- Jason , Co-Founder (Product/ Marketing)
- Kate, Product Manager/ Owner + new Product Manager we are currently hiring
- Our 2 back-end and 1 front-end developer in Warsaw and Poznan (we will be growing our development team in coming months)
- Part-time Scrum/ Project Manager that works with developers to manage sprint
- Niko, our Product Analyst (Junior) focused on QA and learning back-end dev
- Natalia, our Head of Marketing who was previously at HotJar
Kate (Product Owner), in our Warsaw office, sitting on her favourite chair!
You can meet our team here. Alex (CEO) and client delivery team is in London; Product & Marketing team in Poland and operations team remotely across USA, Romania, Ukraine and Serbia.
We believe in being transparent with salaries right for the start. For this role, our budget is 8,000 to 12,000 PLN per month. The exact salary offer will be made based on your level of experience.
This still be done using B2B work structure. We will need an invoice from you and you will be responsible for paying your own taxes. As a UK company, we do not require you to charge VAT on your invoice.
Some of our team members use ‘TwojStartup’ in order to pay taxes at a rate of 14.4% with no ZUS requirement. For legal purposes we inform you that this is for reference purpose only, and not tax advice.
We don't provide small benefits like sports card - we prefer to just pay you the best salary we can afford and you decide how to spend it! We do however provide a self-development budget for workshops and conferences you wish to attend.
Stage 1: After CV review, we will invite candidates to have informal phone conversations with us. We may also invite you to an in-person conversation if you are based in Warsaw.
Stage 2: We will then invite up to 10 candidates to an in-person interview, and demo the product to you live.
Stage 3: Out of the 10 candidates, we will invite around 3 candidates to conduct a paid pilot project (5-10hr long). You will then present this project to us.
Stage 4: We will conduct a more formal, longer interview with final round candidates.
This might seem like a lot of steps but we move fast. We expect the successful candidate to get their offer ~20 days from first interview.
We are looking for someone who can start full-time ideally no later than August 2019.
If you’re interested, we’d love to see your application! No cover letter needed - just answer our application questions in appropriate detail.