Operations Manager | Beauty Industry
blow LTD is the UK’s leading provider of beauty on demand (“Uber for Beauty”) designed to fit into the busy lives of time poor demanding women. Expert blow dries, make up, nails, massage and other beauty services to your door or in one of our beauty bars. With over 300K services delivered, quality scores of 97% and over 1000 expert beauty professionals on our platform, we are the UKs favourite beauty on demand solution. We are high growth, fast paced and obsessive about delivering amazing customer experience, consistently.
Since our on demand launch in 2015, scaling a 5* quality workforce of beauty professionals has remained key to the growth of our business - ensuring quality & volume of supply is fundamental. We utilise both traditional recruitment methods to test, vet and onboard the very best qualified professionals; but also more recently we’ve opened an accredited academy to intensively train novices to qualified 5* experts with the guaranteed promise of a job with us after. Since the academy’s launch we’ve seen 400+ students enrol on our courses, a 31% increase in professional activity year-on-year and most interestingly proved its profitability too. As you can see, the blow LTD training division has unsurmountable potential as we accelerate the growth of our business in the UK and launch internationally. For this reason, we now seek an exceptional individual to supercharge this success.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will be a committed and proven leader with a ruthlessly commercial mindset. You will be responsible for creating a profitable education and training function, that both produces 5* professionals and also ensures the quality of of qualified professionals. Furthermore, we have 4 stores that are training and testing hubs. You will manage the P&Ls to profitability whilst also working on a strategy to integrate them with the training part of the business to guarantee on demand quality. The sky's the limit and you’ll take us there. This is a great role for somebody looking for an exciting role at the fore-front of a start-up during a high growth phase - no experience in beauty required.
● Full P&L responsibility to make the function successful: Your commercial expertise will ensure we’re operating at profit; you’ll forecast, plan and set targets to ensure delivery across the board.
● Create and build an academy of the future: We’ve got the foundations with our estate, course content and team; you’ll create a business plan for the next stage and roll it out at scale.
● Responsible for the blow LTD estate (to include all training locations and stores): You’ll have ultimate responsibility for our entire portfolio. You’ll provide leadership and direction to the day to day running of each location to ensure we’re constantly at the top of our game.
● Understand our proposition & services, inside and out: We don’t expect you to know our business or the “101 on beauty” from day one, but quickly you’ll know what makes us unique, our proposition and be obsessed with learning about beauty services so you soon become a source of knowledge.
● 5* service offering and delivery: The delivery of 5* services is essential to customer experience; you’ll ensure this is always the case by working closely with insights to improve and refine services to ensure we’re ever maintain this priority. You’ll also curate and launch new services too.
● Establish & develop strong relationships with service partners: blow LTD has a growing portfolio of service partners (currently Kerastase, OPI, Decleor) and you’ll be the key service contact to ensure we maintain strong and cohesive relationships.
● 360 link on demand to store: You’ll be the link from our on demand business to our estate, so you’ll be obsessed in ensuring they’re working in synergy. You’ll come up with new ideas, themes and initiatives then work with key stakeholders across the business to deliver them.
● Line management of training and estate team: You’ll build and lead a talented team whilst maintaining a culture of excellence, accountability and fun.
● Measure performance & implement change - Working with data & insights comes naturally to you, so you’ll always know how your function is performing. If standards aren’t being met, you’ll be able to make quick pragmatic decisions & manage your team to deliver them.
● 5+ years significant experience in high-growth commercial roles (early stage ops / start-up ideal)
● Ability to lead teams and influence for results across your division and company wide
● Commercial / entrepreneurial mindset a must
● Hungry to build something to be proud of
● Analytical mind and pragmatic problem solver
● Outstanding communication and thrives under pressure
● No experience in beauty required