Head of Government Relations & Policy - EMEA
Wind is shaping the world into one with more sustainable urban living, less traffic congestion, and a way to get from point A to point B that is both safe and fun. We are looking for a Head of Government Relations and Public Policy, to help us scale into new markets as a trusted partner and transportation solution. In this role, you will get our message to governments and constituencies, and build relationships that allow us to more effectively deliver our micro-mobility service to users around the world. This role reports directly to the COO of EMEA, and will have significant impact on the overall growth strategy.
- Grow a world-class Government Relations & Policy organisation across EMEA.
- Set the overall Government Relations & Policy strategy, and lead the execution of it at local level.
- Develop deep relationships with local governments and leaders, education groups, grassroots organizations, and media partners, to create sustainable growth in those markets.
- Be the ultimate policy expert across the entire region, with an ability to effectively navigate and advise on current and future regulatory requirements.
- Pave the way for successful launches, and act as advisor to other EMEA executives on overall launch strategy and options.
- Track and report on upcoming legislation, as well as competitive intelligence.
- 10+ years in government relations, with some or all of that time in mobility.
- Strong network in local EMEA markets to depend on to get things done.
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills, and ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Proven ability to prioritise and execute effectively under pressure.
- Ability to analyse and summarise complex ideas into the most important components for the business.
- Passion for the micro-mobility space, and ability to inspire others about our global vision of less congested cities, cleaner air, and effortless mobility.
- Excited to travel throughout the region.
- BA from top university a minimum, MA or JD preferred.