Head of Marketing
Location: London, UK
Team: Website and Product Engineering
Ably is a tech company that provides developer tools and infrastructure for the realtime internet. Chatting on WhatsApp, hailing an Uber, asking Alexa what the weather will be like tomorrow - all of these things rely on complex software and infrastructure. This is what Ably provides.
Here’s just a few things our platform powers: HubSpot’s chat and collaboration products, live score updates for millions of Australian Open tennis fans, and live transit updates for three million Chicagoans.
In the near future, Autonomous Vehicles, IoT devices (e.g. connected fridges or environment sensors), and AI-powered experiences will be the norm. But new infrastructure is required to power it all.
Working at Ably means helping to build that infrastructure and shape the future.
To see what life’s like at Ably, check out our careers page at www.ably.io/careers.
In this role
We are looking for an ambitious Head of Marketing to own execution of our marketing strategy at Ably as we rapidly grow the business. The Head of Marketing creates, delivers and executes impactful marketing programs to drive Ably brand awareness and develop qualified pipeline for the sales team.
- Managing the marketing team in a collaborative way.
- Taking a data- and campaign-focused approach to help align marketing activities
- Managing our PR, content, SEO, paid media, brand consistency, campaigns, alignment with the business vision, and execution of our marketing strategy.
- Coming up with tactical ideas to stay current, while also managing well-thought out campaigns.
- Making sure everything you do is aligned to the objectives of the business.
- Optimizing for better results.
- Creating brand awareness, connecting with people and engaging with developers.
- Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of direct functional experience developing and executing B2B (and ideally B2Developer) marketing strategies and programs in technology / SaaS industry
- Knowledge and experience with Marketing Automation and CRM systems
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency while maintaining program execution excellence
- Candidate must be comfortable working on a number of programs at any given time, and ownership of projects from concept to execution to reporting on results
- Proven success in campaign execution, including development and delivery of innovative campaigns and programs that drive demand and increase market presence
- Data-driven marketer who has the passion to learn best practices from the industry and implement in campaign strategies
- You have knowledge of this technical space, developer community and understanding of the terminology and technology we use. It is important you are able to connect with our customers.
- You have experience contributing to the fast growth of a company.
- You are an experienced and collaborative leader.
- You enjoy the challenge of working in a high growth startup, and are happy to roll up your sleeves as necessary.
- You have an engineering background
- You’ve worked at a marketing-led subscription business
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team from the likes of Econsultancy and ThoughtWorks. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team.
To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment.
We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. We’re building a company with a diverse set of people who value:
- Ownership and impact of work. You have real autonomy and ownership over your work with a visible impact inside Ably, and externally on products powered by Ably that you use in your daily life.
- An environment to thrive. Modern, comfy office in the heart of Camden. Excellent transport links, Camden Food Market with over 100 food stalls and restaurants, and multiple work spaces to match your working style.
- Truly flexible working and not just lip service. Come into the office, work at home, or rock up at your local coffee shop at the hours you focus best.
- Work is varied and challenging as we’re solving hard, complex problems that push the limits of what’s possible with today’s software and infrastructure.
- Health insurance
- Gym membership
- Regular company away days and social events
- Weekly team breakfast or lunch
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Ongoing professional development (training, events, conferences)
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions towards your pension
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
Ably has a culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. Apply to talk to us to see if this role on an impactful and collaborative team is right for you.