Head of Product
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with over 14m monthly uniques. Our users offer each other advice and support 24/7 (and there’s more articles, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensable to parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 18-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality.
We don't just want to hire the best people: we want to retain them.
If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy:
http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We’re looking for a talented and driven person to head up our product team. Our mission is to make parents’ lives easier and you’ll be responsible for making sure that Mumsnet is super useful and relevant for our users. You will lead our team of designers and product managers setting the standards for excellent work and helping them to deliver it. Your time will be split between optimising and enhancing our current products and bringing new products to market.
What you'll do:
- Inspire the team to create great user experiences for our audience
- Manage the day-to-day running of the team, ensuring we are delivering high quality solutions to time and budget
- Manage the product roadmap, incoming work requests and priorities
- Be responsible for all development projects product undertakes (new features and products we are launching to customers)
- Be responsible for on-going optimisation of features in live service (looking to improve reach, engagement and revenue generation).
- Implement best practice - customer insight, landscape scanning, design, ux, delivery, ensure we’re staying up-to-date and the team are improving their skills.
- Deal with senior stakeholders and represent product at a senior level in the company (contributing to our strategy, roadmap and company culture)
- Lead, mentor and grow the product team (design, ux & product management people)
- Maintain good working relationships with other teams including Tech, Commercial, Community & Content to deliver the Product roadmap
What we're looking for:
- At least 5+ years in a product development role
- Demonstrable experience of taking products from idea through to successful adoption by the market
- Demonstrable experience of optimising products in live service to improve user experience, reach, engagement and revenue
- Thorough understanding of the product design process, product lifecycle and best practice methods employed
- Extensive knowledge of customer insight and user experience - we’re looking for someone who can demonstrate they can build products that users love.
- Experience working in a data driven environment using analytics to inform design and optimisation decisions
- Portfolio of digital products delivered to users
- Passion for solving problems
It'd be nice if you also had:
- Understanding of Mumsnet users, both current and potential
- Experience working in a startup environment - getting a new product to market and growing the user base
- Experience working in agile development team and with developers (we use Ruby, Node & JS)
We envisage this as a full-time position based in our offices in Kentish Town but we are happy to consider flexible options for the right candidate.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is: 7th February 2019. We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!