Business Development Representative | EdTech
Our mission is to put a cognitive passport in everyone's hand to inform real-world decisions and adapt, optimise and personalise the digital-world through cognitive individualisation. Our clients use our large-scale cognitive mapping technology to enhance education, training and their program services and we give end users in client organisations insight into their cognition and the means to use it for their economic and social benefit.
We have started scaling through the UK education sector, particularly Apprenticeship providers and Further Education Colleges and are expanding internationally
Through inbound leads or outbound prospecting, generate Sales Qualified Opportunities by engaging with key influencers and decision makers from a target list of organisations resulting in face to face meetings for Account Executives. There is the opportunity to grow your career in a sales and marketing team that is part of a rapidly scaling B2B SaaS company.
We are forecasting to grow to £20m ARR within 4 years and a key responsibility of the role will be to support customer acquisition within our target markets to achieve this growth. As part of this you will engage with incoming leads as well as undertake prospecting activities which will involve identifying and engaging key stakeholders within target prospects. You role will be to begin the sales journey for the client and ensure fit prior to handing over the prospect to our account executives. You will also be able to support smaller clients throughout the entire sales journey.
- Prospecting strategic accounts, identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting Cognassist as a solution to start the sales cycle.
- Drive leads to attend webinars, events, demos and other sales supporting activities, then professionally follow-up to manage prospects through to qualification.
- Secure meetings for our Account Executives to meet face to face with key decision makers once a lead reaches a qualified stage.
- Maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM system as well as ownership of your targets and reporting against them.
- For smaller deal values you may have the opportunity to work with the prospect through the entire sales journey.
- Achievement of SQL targets
- Establish effective relationships within our target market, understanding the client’s goals and challenges and communicating these to Account Executives.
Skills and Core CompetenciesPrevious experience
- 3+ years within a dedicated sales role with demonstrable experience of achieving targets
- Discipline of working independently or remotely
- Experience of generating Sales Qualified Leads or Sales Qualified Opportunities
- Salesforce experience an advantage
- Exceptional communication skills, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to respond positively to a changing landscape
- Ability to work independently, but also as an integral part of a wider team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as with other team members
- Able to be demonstrate being highly organised, have good planning skills and manage self around agreed targets
- Outstanding personal impact, drive, enthusiasm and presence
- Copes well in a rapidly changing environment
- Commitment, determination and resilience
- Flexible and adaptable
- An ambitious self-starter, resilient and self-motivated to succeed
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company