Head of Business Development | Internet
The Dazzle team are set to revolutionise the customer experience for millions of people through the application of machine learning and personalised, automated conversations. Essentially, we provide a white-label platform which enables our clients to have automated customer conversations across any digital channel such as Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Slack….even SMS.
This is much more than the provision of chat-bots. Our proposition requires deep integration with client and third party systems, deep insight into each end-customer and proprietary natural language processing capabilities to orchestrate truly valuable, personalised conversations.
We’re a fully-funded start-up with a rich development roadmap. We’ve won multiple awards for our conversational commerce platform and intend to win many more! We completed the Wayra (O2/Telefonica) start-up accelerator. We are well connected, with growing networks across our sector and beyond. We’re ready to go big and we’re looking for people ready to make their mark.
The Dazzle team are ambitious to win in our market. We've closed our pre-seed funding round (£2.3m), we've been building our pipeline for the past year and are now in a position to take the market by storm. We plan to grow our business to get to true market-leader status in the shortest possible time.
Our culture is professional and focused but we’re still very much a start-up. We are flexible, agile and we have huge energy to make a real impact, for our clients and end-users alike. Our values are influenced by our backgrounds at successful start-ups, big tech companies and Big-4 consulting firms, all combined to create an approach which we feel works fantastically well.
If you’re interested in bringing your deep experience and boundless enthusiasm to bear in playing a key, early role in the development of a truly customer-centric innovation, keep reading.
Summary of the role
We're looking for an individual who is a sales and BD operator. The role will entail a complete focus on the delivery of new business, not only new leads into the pipeline but working those leads (with management support where appropriate) through negotiation and close. We will be looking to this individual to have strong experience in consultative technology sales. Therefore a clear track record in building sales approaches unique to each prospect is essential, as is a clear ability to move these prospects into revenue at pace. Knowledge and experience of selling into corporates is a strong positive - however the right candidate will be comfortable within our own culture - very much a nimble, results-based start-up.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction in the Logistics, Transport, and Utilities
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s product/series addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Develop entry level staff into valuable salespeople
A successful candidate will:
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
- Proven sales track record
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Proficiency in CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Market knowledge
- Communication and negotiation skills (C Level)
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- A competitive salary and OTE
- The chance to work in an exciting, fast paced environment
- 10% of your time is for self-defined company projects
- Amazon Prime membership and an Echo
- Central London location