Head of Partnerships (fintech start-up)
There’s a big shift in the way people work towards self-employment and entrepreneurship in the UK and around the world.
Coconut is a current account that takes care of accounting and tax. It’s designed specifically for freelancers, self-employed people and small business owners.
We launched our first product in January 2018. We’re at an exciting point in our journey having opened our first 4,000 accounts. Our mission is to free millions of people around the world from business admin by combining banking and accounting into one simple product.
In order to achieve this, we need more incredible people in our team. We are now looking for a highly driven Head of Partnerships to design and execute our Partnerships strategy.
Working with a wide range of partners is a crucial part of our growth strategy. We love to build relationships with partners ranging from freelance platforms to accountants. We are a friendly and collaborative group of people who see partnerships as not only a way to grow but also to learn more about our customers. By building a network of partners that are aligned with our brand and product vision, we can provide customers with products and content that helps them run their business.
A bit about you
You thrive on seeking out the right people and building long lasting relationships. You have a knack for spotting opportunities to work together with new partners in new ways to increase our company’s reach or deliver exceptional new ideas to our customers. You love making things work and you are someone that people naturally want to work for.
- You are a natural communicator both verbally and in writing (e.g. region specific language skills) – with the ability to connect with different levels of seniority in a business and different departments like product, engineering, and sales internally and externally
- You’ve worked in Europe for a fast growing tech company and innately understand how to adjust your tone for different regional or industry company cultures You have a passion for the freelancers and entrepreneurial way of life and support Coconut’s mission
- You instinctively understand how to translate relationships and ideas into commercial benefit for both parties
- You're great at building long-term relationships from the senior to junior levels of a business
- You're positive, tenacious, energetic and are exceptional at prioritisation and working in an environment where you are driving the outcomes
- You're a 'full-stack seller' able to originate, open and close new partner deals as well as motivate people internally to ensure you deliver nothing short of the best product
- You're creative, confident and capable, especially when it comes to developing new exciting propositions
- You’re highly numerate and comfortable interrogating data and taking complete ownership of your metrics
- Be a member of a small growing team that is building something exceptional
- Competitive salary + options available
- Company pension with matched contributions
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible and remote working potential
- Office very close to Old Street
- Work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects