PR Manager (Fintech Startup)
Our client is looking for a confident, self-starting PR superstar with a solid background in consumer PR and communications to help them grow by telling consumers, media, and stakeholders about what we’re doing. You should be both results driven and creative, always on the look out for new ways to raise our profile.
This is a new role with the opportunity to thrive, grow and really make things happen. If you have a hunger to drive best-in-class storytelling for a high growth brand, this is the job for you.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll take the PR and communications strategy by the horns to raise our profile across key consumer, travel, tech and business media.
- Helping develop communications strategies to build awareness of the brand with influential business, tech and travel media.
- Execute PR plans that drive reputation and growth – whether it’s delivering substantial media coverage, organising events or stunts, turning speaking opportunities into reality, or thinking of new ways we can make the media and public aware of what we do.
- Pro-actively deal with inbound media interest and following up with relevant spokespeople to ensure a smooth process from start to finish.
- Come up with creative stories and ideas and turn them into innovative, integrated campaigns that get consumers and media excited about our mission. You’ll make campaigns that are audience-centred, help build our brand, and are measurable.
- Continually look for opportunities and ways to develop the role
- Minimum of 3-4 years PR experience – you are currently a AM/SAM at a PR agency or a Senior Press Officer in house
- Great relationships with consumer, tech, business, finance and travel media
- Creative mind, adept at finding the news hook and bringing out the story
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent grammar and writing skills, with the ability to curate intelligent press releases and media pitches in tight timeframes
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships.
- Keen grasp of topical affairs and what’s happening in the fintech, consumer finance and travel ecosystems.
- Personable, self-starter, full of energy and a great work ethic
- Able to manage up - ability to communicate with key exec team members
- Bonus points if you have worked in a high growth start-up previously.
- Competitive Salary
- Ride to work scheme
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays!
- Child care vouchers
- Monthly socials
- Friday afternoon drinks in the office
- Season ticket loan
- Commission free currency exchange
Location: Kentish Town – London